Hybrid View

1 - The ability to create text by first drawing the shape of the desired text box. I spend an awful lot of time zooming out, grabbing the far edge, dragging it in...

2 - Then have user controlled options for Chief to place the attachment point of the leader arrow where we want. Vaguely centered is not correct, unless there's a vertical line "gathering" the whole note. It should attach centered on the first line if at left, centered on the last line if at right.

3 - For leader with note at left, option to have it left justify and the leader come to the end of the last line.

4 - For when the arrow is added after text place - Barb's check box for left or right.

5 - Bold, underline, etc - within the text. Also, bullets, indents and numbered lists please.

6 - Callouts obey the default text layer setting.

7 - Similar to Perry's and Kelly's above - maybe an auto complete thing like Word has would work better? No need to go pull off a menu, just hit enter if it's guessing correctly - with it drawing from a list we create.

8 - Options for graphic appearance on callouts - solid fill for one.

9 - Persistent callouts & dimensions - like text on layout page 0. If we could put column designation lines and their tags, section tags, repeating notes, and some of the dimensions on layers that would display on all floor levels, that would be a great QC aid and time saver. I'm saying layers (as opposed to a new "floor level", because I'd like dimensions to be part of this, and they need to attach to something). Reference layer doesn't work because it only goes up or down one level, and we need it for other things.

10 - And of course, the holy grail, automatic linking of section or detail callout to the label on the detail, page number, etc. But, you're already doing that, right?

11 - and finally, my Pet Feature - a much much much faster way to change all the Annotation Defaults, and save them in collections of some sort - particularly default layers, but also size, arrow type & size, etc

Oops - almost forgot one!

12 - A smart text thing that gives a readout of sf for a polyline. I think you'd have to have the attached leader have it's other end glued to the polyline.
    Last edited by WendyWelton; 02-08-2008 at 06:57 AM.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)