Hybrid View

I am also forever turning on text layers that I don't want on when adding text to different layer sets. I set up different text layers on each layer set that I work on. Each time I change layer sets I also must change my text layer. It would be nice to text default to each layer set automatically. This also would be good for default cad layer assigned to a layer set, also dimensions.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh
    I am also forever turning on text layers that I don't want on when adding text to different layer sets. I set up different text layers on each layer set that I work on. Each time I change layer sets I also must change my text layer. It would be nice to text default to each layer set automatically. This also would be good for default cad layer assigned to a layer set, also dimensions.

Dito! This would be an outsiding improvement as I too use different layer sets in a set of plans and get tired of always having to change the text layer. I use the AIA (thanks for adding this to XI) conventional layer set for the floor plan but use different AIA layer sets for the framing and electrical work.

Another thing that would be nice would be the ability to change the layer of say a window to for example a layer for Existing Window before inserting the window into the drawing. But then this is another subject.

Thanks
    Terry Munson
    Munson Drafting Service
    Kent, WA

Callouts drawn on 1st floor can be available on all other floors including foundation. Thanks.
    Bob
    X1

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Levin
    Callouts drawn on 1st floor can be available on all other floors including foundation. Thanks.
    this can be achieved by adding common layers that are available for all floors..

and common cad layers for things such as columns, very difficult/impossible to effeciently line up columns that go thru multiple floors