Threaded View

Al,

Good point (about priorities & programming time). For me, my priority order would be this:

1 - Annotation Styles - in whatever form they come up with. Just please, 1 click, not 13. I like Larry's image - (post #37 in this thread). Of this list, this is the only one where my head may actually burst into flames if X2 comes out without seriously moving this football, and moving it smoothly and elegantly, within chief.

3 - Smart text that attaches to a polyline and gives it's sf. I really want a better way than the current scratch pad method for dealing with sf calculations. OK, this is only sorta, kinda, a "text and callouts" thing. I'm pretending I'm running for president and putting my pet sound bite into everything, whether it has anything to do with the actual question or not!

4 - Font Runs. My head won't burst into flames, but I'll be very disappointed, on the grounds that it just seems royally silly to be doing multiple text blocks side by side and on top of each other to get the desired effect. I literally have 3 pieces of text for every notes list - the title (bold and underlined), the numbers to the left and then the words themselves. If I edit the words, I have to check the numbers to see if I have to add spaces. It's Mickey and Minney. And no, using tab to make a table doesn't work, because tables don't word wrap! OK, how about this - if we can't have font runs, can we at least get word wrap into tables?

5 - Better callouts - Have them obey the default text layer, the option to put a fill in the arrow part, and designate the color of the fill. My head won't burst into flames, but I'll be very disappointed. It also seems like it should be more "low hanging fruit" than not.

6 - More on Callouts - The ability to add a line and/or line with arrow to any text within a shape. I use different shapes for different symbols for different things, and to have one piece instead of two would speed things up.

This would be my X2 list. Font runs is higher up my list than callouts, but only by a hair.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)