Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ktkcad
    Yes this is good but ACAD simplifies this. Draw the marquee left to right and it is inclusive, right to left it is only fully contained items. No clicking to change preferences or hot keys...after a few times it becomes second nature which way to pull the marquee.
    Karl,

Yes, this is how acad works and I like it very much. I was trying not to go the "acad does it..." route!

Dan,

I've used acad forever, taught it, trained it, etc. This is not a feature that people have trouble getting. As a matter of fact, I've found people get the hang of it far easier than remembering where the $#*%&%^ this setting is buried in the menu. And Karl is right, it becomes second nature amazingly fast.

I would be perfectly happy with that solution. I'd also be perfectly happy with hotkeys. It's having to drill down 3 clicks to get to this setting, after I stop to remember just where it's hidden, that's not floating my boat.

Remember that anything available only via a menu has the same downside. Just which menu is nowhere near as intuitive as you might think. Stair sections moving independently for instance: Is it a Default? A Preference? Edit? No wait, it's "Architectural"! Huh? You might just as well call that category "we couldn't decide".
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)