Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sdsinc
    Wow - a lot of traffic here.

I agree with most things stated here - particularly simplifying the multi-tab option comments......

What he said.

"Finally, I would like to have an actual table command that gives me normal, intuitive tabbed areas to work with like any normal WP program. A true WYSIWYG type setup. If you want to see how not to do it, check out how autocad does tables."

I like this idea better than mine with the menus (still stuck in the 20th century with dos). I liked drop down menus because it was like having a check list to edit my plan work. Of course the tabs and tables would have to be user definable, with the ability to add tabs & tables.

Back in ver. 9 the people at chief suggested that we create a plan file and place objects that we commonly copy paste. That I did, then discovered the hot keys in ver 10 that I mapped to my third mouse. I became a copy paste wizard. With X1 the power of copy has been improved immensely, but at the sacrifice of my prior methodology.

I have migrated some of my text work to the library, but to me this is less than satisfactory because the library items retains focus until I esc. out of them. The use of multiple mice, or flat forgetting that I have a library item selected (I get mesmerized and don't pay attention to my cursor), for me lead to accidental button clicks that place unwanted library items. I've tried to use 'The place library' for text work, but the icons are too small to see text.

The column grid is an okay idea but not a high priority for me. I personally found them only useful on complex commercial projects. A house framer can be confused by all the extra lines on a page sometimes misinterpreting them for a dimension leader for example. Global section flags, and global or page definable details would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    My biggest single issue is that a text block and its associated arrow should always remain linked. If the arrow is moved to start from a different end of line the link should remain in place.

I often want to copy a complete group of annotations from one cross section to another. If I select the text tool and group selct all the text the arrows are not selected. I regard this as a bug and niot a feature request.

A lot of the other issues mentioned would be covered by a "match properties" tool which with 2 clicks could change any text item to the correct layer size etc. Having this tool would cover a very large number of user grumbles.
    Gordon Martinsen
    Auckland
    New Zealand
    W7 64 bit X5
    i7 2600k 3.7Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    180Gb SSD
    Nvidia GTX 560 1 Gb