line width or weight or thickness?

I thought I knew how to set my line sizes, but I've got something here I can't figure out. When I 3d my plans to place elevations on my layout, I get really thick black lines. See attached. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    RonnieG
    Last edited by RonnieG; 03-11-2008 at 04:38 AM.

My guess it is, it has something to do with scaling. Any Ideas?

Thanks
    RonnieG

The What's new tutorials explain it I think..
    Would have to watch it again to remember exactly....

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

First - when you send to layout there are new options, circled in this jpeg.

If you check the two boxes shown unchecked here, it will behave just like Chief 10.

If you don't, it will take the lineweights and colors for:
    • Normal lines from the layer the object is on. I make my walls & roofs about lineweight 25, my terrain about 35, and things with lines close together 7 or 10. Cornerboards are a special case. I make them match the pattern lines in materials and just beef up my outside corner lines with Edit Layout.
    • Pattern lines from the material definition. I make mine a lineweight of about 10 and grey. You can also get a good look making them black and lineweight of 1. To edit them, go to the definition of the material, General Tab, Pattern Line Color on the left, Lineweight 2nd from bottom on the right.

You can also leave only the Pattern Lines box checked and use the Edit Layout tool on those, as you used to. This lets you still get the benefit of the new system (some lineweight variation in the normal lines), but not have to stop and edit materials.

The next place to look is your Line Weight Scale. In the layout, Page Setup - Lower Left - circled on this image. Watch the diagram at the right as you change numbers. A higher number makes the lineweights thinner.

Remember that it affects the entire layout.

If you are getting the right look on plans, but lines that are too heavy on elevations, you need to reduce the lineweight assigned to layers in the layoutset assigned to elevations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	send to layout.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	21407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-setup.gif 
Views:	184 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	21408  
    Last edited by WendyWelton; 02-08-2008 at 06:35 AM.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Thanks Wendy. Good reply. Helped a lot.

RonnieG

You're welcome!
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Neither the master nor the pet, it simply makes you a full partner, accomplice or an enabler. Next question please.
    Don's Drafting Depot
    "3-D Working for You"

Release 4.0 thru 10.0 full
    Currently X4 Premium
    Acer AM5100 upgraded
    4GB and 256MB Nvidia

Precision 6600, 8MB 1600mhz
    Nvidia Quadro M3000 2GB DDR5
    17.3" FHD LED

Epson Photo R2000

"The trouble with deregulated free market capitalism is that the profits are privatized and we taxpayers, "socialize," the losses." ($16T and rising)