moving walls / objects independently

I have a fireplace & chimney inserted into an "alcove". (see picture). The chimney location is static, i've sized the fireplace as needed as centered it on the chimney. As you can see in the picture...the position of my wall is conflicting with the fireplace by 1/4", so...i'm going to move the wall away from the fireplace...sounds simple enough

1. Select Wall: Transform replicate: Y Delta = 1/4" ? NOPE!
    the fireplace is stuck to the wall, so when i move the wall, the fireplace follows...

2. Select Wall: Temp Dimension Change? NOPE!
    Same thing...the fireplace is stuck to the wall...i tried 1/4", 1", 6", and 12" with the same result.

3. Select Wall: Grab move handle: Slide wall away? NOPE!
    Same result.

Is there a setting I can change so i can move a wall independent to a fireplace, cabinet or similar object? There are plenty of "workarounds" i could use to get the desired outcome but i want to know if there is a setting to avoid this all together.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FP01.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	21349  
    Last edited by 05uurx; 02-06-2008 at 07:16 AM.
    Matthew
    Chief Architect X3
    Sketchup 8 Pro User

Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHZ
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    16 GB RAM
    GE Force GT 240

Matthew:

Have you rotated your plan? I did a plan in v10 ... then had to rotate it ... after which moving things with transform/replicate was different than expected. Not sure if this behavior was something weird I did .... or ??? I don't know if that could be an issue with X1 or not.

Another idea, have you turned off object snaps and then tried to move the wall? I would think that would surely work.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

No, i havent rotated the plan...

Yes, turning off object snaps may work in this instance, i'll check on that...Seems like more and more things on CA need an extra step these days. I'll check back if that doesnt work.
    Matthew
    Chief Architect X3
    Sketchup 8 Pro User

Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHZ
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    16 GB RAM
    GE Force GT 240