"EDIT AREA">COPY>PASTE I lose floor material

Hello: When I "edit area">select a small house plan>copy>paste, I lose the flooring surface material. It reverts back to default material. Is this the way the program works? Thanks anyone.

I can't believe I'm still working when it's this close to super bowl.
    Bob
    X1

Bob,

I haven't used this command as much as I used to - going on memory, but you don't seem to have gotten any answers so...

I do recall always double checking anything defined via the room dbx - floor materials, room types, changed floor & ceiling heights, etc.

You might try making a simple 2 room floorplan and testing it on that to see if you get the same result.

I'm curious - what is your reason for using this command? There are times when this is indeed exactly what's needed. However - X1 gave us the ability to use regular Copy and Paste/Hold Position on everything. Edit Area might just be the single most challenging task you can throw at Chief.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Thanks Wendy: I called tech support. Nigel tested it while I was on the line. It is an issue with the program. He tested it using both copy>paste command and also "Edit Area">copy>paste. We also lose the "floor type" label. For the time being I will just have to re-assign floor covering material and room type after I copy and paste it. Thanks.
    Bob
    X1