Placing Electrical Outlets

Hello. I just started using Chief this weekend. So far, I'm impressed with the features, but there's definitely a learning curve to tackle! Eventually, I'd like to design our whole house using Chief... but for now I'm starting with some smaller details (baby steps!). While trying to design the kitchen island, I ran into some difficultly placing electrical outlets.

In the attached image, you'll see I have a backsplash behind the counter top, between the counter top and the bar top. In this backsplash, I'd like to place a horizontal switch and a couple horizontal 120v outlets. There is a railing type wall behind the counter top backsplash, between the counter top and the bar top. I assume this railing wall is what the outlets are installing into? The problem is, when I place an outlet/switch, it ends up behind the tile backsplash. I tried editing the "distance from wall" setting for the switch, but it didn't seem to have any effect. If anybody has any advice, I'd really appreciate it. Also, if possible, I'd like to mount the switches/outlets horizontally - I'm not sure if that adds difficulty.

I'm also new to ChiefTalk, so you'll have to excuse me if this has already been discussed. I searched and didn't find anything relevant, but maybe I missed something.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	island.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	21244  
    [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Scott[/COLOR]

Try using the "cabinet mounted" outlets in the Library.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

Quote Originally Posted by RMorrison
    Try using the "cabinet mounted" outlets in the Library.
    Thanks for the tip. I tried the "cabinet mounted" outlets but had the same problem; the outlets are mounting behind or in the same plane as the tile backsplash. I think it has to do with the "railing" type wall and the thickness of the paneling. I think I'll try redesigning the island using a regular interior wall or a pony wall - see if either of those help my problem.

Thanks again.

The cabinet mounted outlets should not attach to anything, so you should be able to move them away from the wall an inch or two. Also, check to make sure they aren't sitting on the floor. (Try using a section camera.)
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

Quote Originally Posted by RMorrison
    The cabinet mounted outlets should not attach to anything, so you should be able to move them away from the wall an inch or two. Also, check to make sure they aren't sitting on the floor. (Try using a section camera.)
    You're right, that worked. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	island.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	21256