UnHappy Unwanted floor over porch

Thanks in advance for the help. I've been trying to figure this out on my own but can't seem to get it right.

I don't know how to get rid of the floor over my porch. When I created the second floor, I had it derive the plan from the first floor and I'm wondering if that's my problem. The boxes for ceiling and roof over this room are checked for the porch area.

The same goes for the small room jutting out from the first floor. That is supposed to be an entryway with a roof over it and not another floor.

I've attached two images to illustrate the problem. What am I doing wrong?

ProblemHouse.zip

make the wing walls gable walls build a new roof plane over the porch - or rebuild the roofs.

Jason
    Jason Wooldridge

Custom Building Contractor
    Design/Build
    CA Lic.# 844627

Chief X1.04 / 10.08 / 6

"What are you doing, Dave?"

Start by naming the Room you want to be a Porch, Deck.

Yes, I said name the Porch a Deck.

If you want a Porch, meaning it HAS a roof over it, then go to Structure tab of your Deck and tell it to have a roof or a roof and ceiling.

A Porch has a Roof
    A Deck has NO Roof.

May seem very technical and aggravating but language has to have some baselines every now and then.

I want to laugh because I draw Porches using Chief by starting with a Deck. Then I have to add the Roof and Ceiling so my Newels to Ceiling comes out close to what a human would actually build.

I use Deck to start so I have a thinner floor system (2x8 rather than 2x12) default on the Deck than through the rest of the house.
    Alan Michaud
    "Al"
    Central Maine

I'm sorry, I thought you wanted a covered porch through the whole deck area.

oops.
    Jason Wooldridge

Custom Building Contractor
    Design/Build
    CA Lic.# 844627

Chief X1.04 / 10.08 / 6

"What are you doing, Dave?"

Thanks amichaud, that solved my problem!