Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just chiming in on this problem. I had responded/created a thread to this issue last week. While trying to find the thread I came across this one and the title sounded like the issue.

Reading into it a bit I see it is in FACT the same issue.

Can I just vent slightly and let you know that some of us using Chief will pul up plans from as much as a year and a half prior and simply want to send out a new copy of the layout?
    How's this working for you? It's not working well for me at all.

I've attached 3 images. The first two from the PLAN. The first from the PLAN was simply opening the existing Cross Section. The second PLAN image is clicking in once on the Mouse Wheel changing the Zoom level of the view ever so slightly. The mysterious bleeding lines disappear.

The last image is from the LAYOUT where the PLAN elevation was sent. And look at all that CRAP in the image.

The only positive I see this morning is another user's comments on DELETING the elevation views and CREATING new ones and HOPING the new one doesn't recreate this erroneous image.

This piece of software is rapidly becoming a joke.
    Sorry, but that's my initial thought on X1, X1.3, and now X1.4.

Did I misread it or did Mr Park state we'll be waiting for the next REVISION before this issue is FIXED?

Unfortunately I and I believe the majority of the REST of us in the REAL WORLD have to be responsible to the CUSTOMER. My customers aren't going to wait.

So the seven drawings I HAVE to get out the door today will each take this RIDICULOUS try and hope and try again technique in order to have a product that can be sent out that doesn't I repeat DOESN't reflect the quality of this software. No. I'll have to find a way to edit the CRAp out of this to get it to a level of quality my customers will accept.

Enjoy your day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RT_EL_PLAN.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	21034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RT_EL_PLAN_1Click.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	21035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RT_EL_LAY.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	21036  
    Alan Michaud
    "Al"
    Central Maine

Alan, certain problems that can arise from bringing legacy plans forward to a new version is nothing new. Depending on the complexity of the plan, yes the odds are high you might have to fix things. You said in your post from "last week" that your plan could have been started in version 8. Anytime you bring a legacy plan forward, expect that some editing will need to be done...especially if bringing forward to X1 because there were major fundamental changes in X1 compared to previous versions. I doubt seriously you will have any of these problems when doing a plan that was created in X1.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

As far as I know the problems with elevations being discussed here are taken care of in X1.4 which is the current update.

There were a number of issues in elevations that cannot be corrected except by recreating the camera or resending a view to layout. Part of these issues are legacy problems and a few were new issues that were unfortunately not discovered earlier in our testing of X1.

Thanks to all those who did send in plans to help us track down some of the more obscure problems.

If you still have an issue please send contact support and we will see what solution is best. It may be that there are still some lurking issue here that we can fix.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

The problems I had with sending elevations to layout were actually fixed in the 3rd update. This included some problems I had when sending elevations to layout from a V10 plan brought forward. I don't think I'm having any problems now.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Yeah Tommy I agree with the entire thought process you explain. As I stated I was just venting.

I just finished (got out the door) two drawings since the post and the process of Deleting all existing cameras and deleting the elevation from the Layout be fore creating New cross sections - worked.

I got the drawings out without having to resort to .DXF views and editing with CAD tools.

One note on the last sentence of your above post. Both drawings I did this morning that HAD the problem? Drawn in X1, not holdovers from v10 or ealier.

You know I only began to experience this when they updated our PCs to X1.4. I had been on X1.3 up to that point since about October/November?

Next Threads I'll be creating or looking for?
    - Dimensions. Just opened a new drawing (Meaning it X1.n) and notice m overall dimensions are not let's say 32' or 42', they are displaying 32' - 1/6". And of course a myriad of combinations as one scans along the exterior walls.
    I didn't adjust anything on these drawings that HAD been drawn to AVOID fractional measurements. I don't find this interesting.
    - MAterial Textures applied are disappearing at random.

later
    Alan Michaud
    "Al"
    Central Maine

Alan, I haven't worked on too many plans yet since the 4th update but haven't ran into anything major yet. The only thing I'm finding so far is that I do spend a little time trying to place some manual dimensions where I want them. It is doing it though, but with a little work.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Since last post I see there have been some comments.

My issues on the subjects just discussed all began when we updated to X1.4.

Later today or tomorrow I'll have at least one drawing done COMPLETELY start to finish in X1.4. Will be a good test to see if this is a "Hold Over from Previous version PLan file" or not. I haven't checked dates on the two I had difficulty with this morning but I am quite sure at least one of them was Drawn 100% in X1.4. Not certain, just thinking back on events.

Like I said. Today I should have a 100% X1.4 drawing to check statements on.
    Alan Michaud
    "Al"
    Central Maine

I'm having a similar issue but not exactly the same. I have missing lines in layout, like the attached a line of the siding is missing. if i delete and resend the missing line either stays the same or moves to another location. i have x1 and have the most recent updates. what is going on?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layout.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	21947   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plan.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	21948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-elev.gif 
Views:	131 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	21949  
    Last edited by aluth23; 02-25-2008 at 08:58 AM.