Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line weights

Line weights

What is the deal? I've never changed any line weights (I liked the default line weights) however all of a sudden when I go to print all my line weights are huge. like 1/4" thick. please somebody enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by robs62panel
    What is the deal? I've never changed any line weights (I liked the default line weights) however all of a sudden when I go to print all my line weights are huge. like 1/4" thick. please somebody enlighten me.
    What's your Chief version? What are your line weight settings?
    Sarah Mitchell

i'm assuming (with caution) that you are using X1...we had line weight problems here when we upgraded, there was just a thread about this earlier today...

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?t=33518

I was confused until i read through that post and documentation (always helps to read the instructions...but i never do) Anyway, its better now.
    Matthew
    Chief Architect X3
    Sketchup 8 Pro User

Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHZ
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    16 GB RAM
    GE Force GT 240

I'm using X1, my line weights used to be between 1-4, I liked this, then the other day, I was printing and one sheet came out correct then the next sheet came out with the lines all blown out of proportion. now the line weights are 10, 18, 35, I didn't change them they just changed on their own. now all my prints are messed up.

Did you make a new plan template with X1 or bring your one from 10 forward?
    Not recommended to bring plan or layout forward..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

new plan, not forwarded.

Have you printed from X1 layout before this occurred w/proper results? May need to change to MM-100 for layout setup. Had a similar problem by using layout from version 10 with similar weights and worked but other things like dashed lines became exaggerated w/scaling checked but ok w/out scaling, opposite effects from 10, so if your layout is not originated from X1 you might try that and work from there.

- - Allen's post appeared while writing mine - I posted when .4 first came out my line weights were changed however on a different plan everything was fine and no one responded to my post so I assumed re-booting did the trick.
    Last edited by BREEZE WOOD; 01-16-2008 at 11:56 AM.
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5

everything was printing fine, I printed one elevation layout without any problems, however I needed to change a window, and after changing the window, I went back into my layout and ever since the prints have been messed up. all my settings are the same. only about 2 minutes between prints. but now all my prints are messed up. even if I print straight from my plans without going to layout.

not sure the layout has anything to do with it because it is an X1 plan and the prints are messed up without going to layout.

In page setup, what is your line weight scale set to? This is something that can be effected in the plan as well as the layout.
    Caleb Morisette
    Architectural Drafter
    CA 10.08

line weight scale is set to automatic, here is and example of what's happening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	20634  

I never have it set to automatic, I just clicked it and it made all of my line weights thick as well. Try changing it to something like 250/in.
    Caleb Morisette
    Architectural Drafter
    CA 10.08

I've reset it to 1200 inches and it is still too big.

what should the default be?

Default should be about 600, so there is something else goofy with it. I usually use about 200-300 to get the line weight that I want. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I will be watching what the solution is to this problem in case I run across it.
    Caleb Morisette
    Architectural Drafter
    CA 10.08