Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Interior walls where the dimensions could not reach an exterior wall worked fine (if that has any relevance) - A wall that was selected near the perimeter of floor plan instead of having perpendicular measurements had only parallel dimensions similar to "show wall length" - wasn't consistent but when occurs they are useless. Otherwise usable temp.dimensions is a dream come true. - - also saw where the temps. went outside of floor plan, to nowhere, as described and wondered a bit about that also? - everything otherwise is just fine . . .
    Last edited by BREEZE WOOD; 01-14-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5

I never get the interrior side of an Exterior wall regardless my settings.
    Ash Shaker
    Architect
    Ash Tree Architecture
    Elkridge, MD, USA
    CA X5

Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    I never get the interrior side of an Exterior wall regardless my settings.
    http://www.chieftalk.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=17
    Sarah Mitchell

Keith - thank you for the reply. I have edited my thread starter.

Spark already knows that we have trouble with the temp dim and the interior wall. Looking forward to that getting fixed.

The problem I am having with the "S" key I noticed yesterday under the following condition:

Take a vector view of a model - top view and export to cad with patterns intact. Place a joist direction block (I've used for three years without incident) and it will snap to the pattern, No big deal, but then try to copy that block over and hold down the "s" key but it will not stop snapping to the thousands of points on the roofing pattern.

Hope that helps.

Allen - are you not able to reproduce this either? If it's just me then I guess it's just me.
    Rich C. SDSInc
    Bayport, NY

X5
    Windows 7 64
    Alienware 17" Laptop - full time use - 14GB
    i7 3720QM
    Nvidia GTX 675M - 2GB

I get the same Rich. Holding down the S key, while in Cad Detail from View, does not stop the snapping (Skip Snaps).
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

The 11.4.1.7 update should address several of these issues.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

x1.4

Hi All:

Just wanted to chime in to applaud the folks at CA for this update. In many ways, it's better than some of the upgrades I've purchased in the past! I am really happy with the product now, and I'm doing things with CA (like townhouses) that I never thought would be so easy.

I'm still trying to learn all of the new features and fixes, but so far, it rocks!

Seeya,

Chris Allen
    Architect
    Austin, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Park
    The 11.4.1.7 update should address several of these issues.
    Yes it did. All of them in this thread, as far as I can tell, except maybe for the one Louis has. Thank you.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Sometimes temporary dimensions on the exterior of a building will not move the wall you are trying to move.
    Such as...
    Sarah Mitchell

Maybe this is similar to Louis' temp dim. problem...

If I click on an exterior wall, it will show temp. dims on the outside of the building, but not on the interior. So in the attached example, I want to move the exterior wall at the top of the picture to make the room interior a certain dimension. It doesn't give me a dimension to work with. And if I click one of the exterior walls to the right or left, it dimensions from the outside to outside only.

And I can't find any combination of settings in the "temp dim prefs" dbx to fix this. So for the moment, I have to draw a manual dim. when I need to adjust an exterior wall based on an interior criteria.

Christina
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DimensionsExtWall1.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	21006  
    Christina Girerd Loud, Architect
    Girerd Designs
    Mountain View, CA
    www.GirerdDesigns.com

X5

Christina, what I do is "shift A" for all dimensions and this will give a dimension from the horiz int wall to the rear horiz ext wall and then I can use that dimension to move ext wall. And if I am not mistaken if a wall is dimensioned already via manual or auto dim. a temp dimension will not pop up. Is that so
    -scott

And if I am not mistaken if a wall is dimensioned already via manual or auto dim. a temp dimension will not pop up. Is that so
    That is the way used to be. I'm not finding that to be true any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by cgirerd
    Maybe this is similar to Louis' temp dim. problem...

If I click on an exterior wall, it will show temp. dims on the outside of the building, but not on the interior. So in the attached example, I want to move the exterior wall at the top of the picture to make the room interior a certain dimension. It doesn't give me a dimension to work with. And if I click one of the exterior walls to the right or left, it dimensions from the outside to outside only.

And I can't find any combination of settings in the "temp dim prefs" dbx to fix this. So for the moment, I have to draw a manual dim. when I need to adjust an exterior wall based on an interior criteria.

Christina
    Yes. No temporary dimension will be generated in that situation. If you want one, you'll have to delete your manual dimensions (hiding them will only result in them being shown when the object is selected.) There's more information on this behavior in the Reference Manual.
    Sarah Mitchell

Oh boy.

Now I'm going to have to take some time to show you a thing or two.

The trouble is I really don't have time. I will try to come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by cgirerd
    So for the moment, I have to draw a manual dim. when I need to adjust an exterior wall based on an interior criteria.

Christina
    You could zoom in some so the dims on the exterior of the building are no longer visible, too. If a manual dim is visible (or potentially visible if its layer is turned off), then the temp won't show up.
    Sarah Mitchell