Threaded View

Oooo. A good dimensioning rant!

I think the point I agree with most strongly is the one regarding snaps. It seems the program's routine that picks up snaps it not fully "integrated" with the dimensioning routine (I won't pretend to understand the programming). And that's the annoying rub about it: If the software picks up a snap - which you can visually see - it should use it, but it does not in many cases. That's kind of like the program pulling a "fast one" on you. If the dimension is not going to snap to the highlighted snap, then don't highlight the snap.

The dimensioning in Chief needs work on the intuitiveness side. Speaking as a relatively new user, it was very frustrating when Chief did not do what you would logically expect it to but then goes off and does something else - on something as basic as dimensioning. Sure, I've learned how it behaves now, but it does take more time and adds to the learning curve. I get how it helps automate things like picking up a bunch of dimensions in a string with one line, but often you just need a single dimension or to have the dimension stay where you put it.

/soapbox off/

-Dave
    - Dave
    X1 11.5
    X3
    X4