Threaded View

Louis - thanks for the demo. I tried it, but I don't get any more dimensions when I zoom in. I even zoomed way in. I think because it's an exterior wall.

I did a couple quick pics to illustrate my situation better.

Pic 1 shows the end of a sample house and a setback line in the backyard. The expected result of clicking on that wall should be a vertical dimension line of the room below the wall do I could adjust the exterior wall according to the specific interior dimension I need. That's my understanding of how I would expect the temp dims to work. In this pic, the manual dim. layer is turned off, but it shows anyway. As others have said, there's a reason we have them turned off - we don't want to see them. In my case, I have manual dims to reference setbacks. If I'm moving walls around and I'm within my setbacks, I don't want the dim. from the original wall to the setback line cluttering up my space. That's only reference for the building official on the existing site plan. Temp. dims should be independent of manual dims.

Pic 2 - It's bad enough for manual dims to come on when the layer is turned off, but this shows better the ridiculousness of them coming on when the item they reference is also turned off.

Pic 3 - shows the expected and desired result of clicking on a wall and getting temp dims. Except that I want that 6'-6 7/8" vertical temp dim to also show when I click on the exterior wall so I could move the exterior wall to resize the room to say, 10' on the interior. As it is now, I have to draw a manual dim, use it then delete it.

Pic 4 - Note that if I click on the exterior wall as shown in this pic, I do get a temp dim from the exterior wall to the interior wall. Only because in this sample plan I have no manual dim drawn to a setback on that side. But as soon as I dimension my setback line, I can't get temp room dims there either.

The problem, of course, is that I have dimensions from all the exterior walls to setback and/or property lines. It's one of the first things I do when putting in the existing house. So the current temp dim behavior means I can't get interior temp dims from clicking on any exterior wall.

So I strongly vote for disconnecting temp dim behaviors from manual dims.

Christina
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dim1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	21078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dim2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	21079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dim3.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	21080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dim4.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	21081  
    Christina Girerd Loud, Architect
    Girerd Designs
    Mountain View, CA
    www.GirerdDesigns.com

X5