Collision Detection?

Is there something new in 11.4, like a setting that i change here? It seems to be different since i installed the patch this morning.

When i'm placing windows...and i want 2, 3, or 4 windows mulled together...i'm used to just copying the windows and "slamming" them together and where they hit eachother, is where they stay...Now it seems like they just go through each other without stopping, or if they are stopping, they are only catching for a moment before releasing again. The same goes for doors. Is this that "bumping" thing?

All i know is, something is different from yesterday before installing this patch...maybe its an eye-opener...Chief doesnt like to play rough!! I'm just used to going in there and bashing and smashing my way through plans...I like to call it..."full-contact drafting" sometimes i wear a helmet and eye protection when i draw.
    Matthew
    Chief Architect X3
    Sketchup 8 Pro User

Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHZ
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    16 GB RAM
    GE Force GT 240

ahh...i think it is that "bumping" thing...it must have been set back to "off" at some point...ok, ...now it works, heck, i think i'll even get a running start before mulling my next set of windows, hehe.
    Matthew
    Chief Architect X3
    Sketchup 8 Pro User

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    16 GB RAM
    GE Force GT 240

Sorry, i answered my own question...my post is useless...among other things (talking-bout-da-brain)
    Matthew
    Chief Architect X3
    Sketchup 8 Pro User

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    16 GB RAM
    GE Force GT 240

And where did you find this bumping setting?
    Ron A.

Ron,
    Preferences > Edit > Snap Properties – look in the Options section on the upper right side of the DBX for the Bumping/Pushing setting.

Regards,
    Bob Sweet

yep - found that Bob but my windows still don't stop at the shared edges with their neighbouring window -- turned on or off -- I am obviously missing something simple....

Good lord - it just started working out of the blue where it hadn't moments before --

Thanks Bob
    Last edited by GRM-Designs; 02-02-2008 at 02:03 PM.
    Ron A.

Check your window's "Default level", it should be the same
    Ash Shaker
    Architect
    Ash Tree Architecture
    Elkridge, MD, USA
    CA X5