Applied Materials Gone In View X1.3

The image posted has a Cultured Stone material applied to the Chimbley. It showed initially, honest. Then later as I go through the process of updating and displaying and printing I realize that the material texture is no longer showing.

I open the chimbley after unblocking and it's still specified as Cultured Stone.

Is this a test? Is this a built-in snooze checker? Making sure I be payin tension?

I understand this is not a problem. But is there anyone out there that has the proper steps I chould take when wantng to apply a new material texture to an object? Like, should I repeat the texture application each time I want to view it?

I need to know.

Oh. By the way. If none of you get it already my anunciation of Chimney as Chimbley is an attempt at humor. Like ha ha. Chuckle chuckle. So is " I be payin tension." For those of you wound so tight you squeak that is a fun way of relaying "Ensuring I pay particular attention to the shifting screen images and random occurances appearing on my Chief output display."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chimbley.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	20413  
    Alan Michaud
    "Al"
    Central Maine

Alan, this happened to me once with a custom fireplace I made and it turned out the texture was being applied to the inside of the object. So I had to reverse some faces in Sketchup and re-import the symbol. What is your chimbley object here, a geometric shape/box, an actual fireplace symbol?

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

Bryce, I se the Libray one or two flu Cimbleys on a regular basis. Typically drop a copy on each floor and if I have a roof layout there as well so folks can see where the roof'll be voided.

Anyway I place a copy of chimbley from the liberry onto the foundation level, explode the block, apply the material of choice, (brick,stone etc) to the shell (polyline solid) and at same time resize the polyline to be about 24 inches above the roof ridge. Then I give the chimbley a height of the ridge plus 24 plus 100 inches to make sure it shows inside the basement. Then I reblock the polyline to the hole(s) and life is grand. Of course what I describe I've been doing through Chief 10.8. Still use same process in X1.3 but the material just goes away. And like I said, when I first make the material application I can view the material in an elevation shot. Heck, I actually have some layouts out there that have the texture in one elevation but by the time I went to another, the material was oppressed.

I got something weird happening or what?
    Alan Michaud
    "Al"
    Central Maine

"Bryce, I USE the liberry."
    Sorry, checked typing after the post.

Guess you'll never find me Captaining a nuclear sub.
    Alan Michaud
    "Al"
    Central Maine