Billboard size output

I bought CAX1 for its 3D graphics capability. I have a large commercial project and need to send a render overview file, site plan, landscaping, parking lot, cars and people etc., to a commercial sign printer. The billboard sign is typically 11'x22'. The printer wants a vector file, scalable and not a raster file. Any ideas for this newbie?

I would suggest you create a new layout file, and make the paper size 11' X 22', and print to pdf.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

We use Powerpoint but even then the print size wasn't large enough for a 4' x 8' billboard so we did it at 2' x 4' and then the copy shop englarged the print as needed.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Billboard size output

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Brown
    I would suggest you create a new layout file, and make the paper size 11' X 22', and print to pdf.
    Thanks Allen, I tried that. Creating the layout sheet was easy but trying to create an 11x22' .PDF print page was tough. The largest that PDF 995 would let me make was postscript 9'x9' and thus the output had tiled pages none larger that 9x9. Workaround? What about converting the raster file to vector? How would you create the finest resolution output from CA before you sent it to layout?