Multi-Layered Walls

I can create walls that have say 3 1/2" frame, 1" sheathing, and 1/2" vinyl siding, my problem is that when I produce a working drawing I can only show the dimension to the outside of the sheathing. I can't seem to get the dimensioning to work out correctly as well as have the vinyul siding showing on my plans. Can someone give me some info on how to do this. I read in the manual about wall types but that didn't seem to help?

I am still using Chief 97!

I agree with Larry, dimensioning to the framing surfaces is much more reliable and more widely used in my experience. Interior surfaces are for home buyers, framing surfaces are for framers and builders.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas

You can set your dimension to outside surface or to main layer. You can establish the main layer in the Wall Specification dbx.
    You can also adjust individual dimensions by double left cliking them and draging the red dots.

If you make your 1" sheathing the main layer and set the dimensions to the main layer it will dimension both sides of the sheathing. It is probably best to keep the stud as the main layer and adjust the dimensions to the sheathing.

Hope that helps.

Larry