MOlding polylines

I have an exterior soffit that runs along the exterior of my house right along the eaves. I modeled a crown molding type piece for this using molding polylines. My question is. Can you connect them like crown molding automatically does in chief?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cornis.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	19830  

If you're using a molding profile, make sure all the segments of your molding polyline are connected (show as a diamond-shape in plan view).
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

As Jason said, make sure your moulding lines connect in plan fiew. You may find tracing the around your walls to start with in plan is quicker anyway.

Also chief will draw these frieze pieces automatically for you using the auto roof - frieze tab & stacking your moulding profiles (even with manually drawn roof planes - just check the build facia gutters,frieze button when building)
    Jack Laughner
    European Influence LLC
    X1, X2

when Im drawing my molding polylines do i have to draw them at 45's because mine will not connect in plan view. They just overlap

Do you have "edit polyline parts" turned on?
    CAD(Pull Down Menu) > Edit Settings > Eidt Polyline Parts

Molding polylines should react the same as regular polylines and snap together.
    I always have trouble remembering three things: faces, names, and - I can't remember what the third thing is.

Troy Sabean
    Building Stylist & Stucture Synthesizer
    RCL Website - www.roscoe.ns.ca
    Chief X4
    Sketchup 8 Pro

I dont have that turned on and its not showing in my Cad menu for some reason. I have X1...does that matter?

John
    The ends should still snap together with edit polyline parts off, the lines will just edit individually. Check your snaps - object snaps needs to be on
    Jack Laughner
    European Influence LLC
    X1, X2

Okay well it turns out I was using polyline solids instead molding polylines so as soon as I switched to molding polylines everything worked. Thanks for the help guys...Im an idiot.