Hybrid View

I recently relocated from Illinois to N.W. Indiana. One of the companies that I work with is in Aurora, IL.
    What type of work do you do with Chief?
    With the Aurora company we do mostly remodels and additions.
    Tammy Apostolis
    TJD Designs, Inc.

Chiefer since V6
    X2 & X3
    Windows7 64-bit
    Dual 768MB 8800 GTX video cards (in SLI) with dual monitors

Quote Originally Posted by TJD DESIGNS
    I recently relocated from Illinois to N.W. Indiana. One of the companies that I work with is in Aurora, IL.
    What type of work do you do with Chief?
    With the Aurora company we do mostly remodels and additions.
    Cool! Well, you aren't around me, but I certainly appreciate your response. I am a building/remodeling contractor in McHenry County. Right now, I'm doing quite a bit of kitchen/bath work but love historic renovation. I have worked mainly with AutoCAD and have owned CA since V10, just upped to X1, but don't have a good grasp of it yet. I am practicing on my own home, an 1870 Greek Revival knockoff, gable & wing farmhouse which desperately needs added space.
    BTW, my last name is Chirikos, ancestors from the central Peloponese. Are you Greek?
    Nick Chirikos
    Housewright Design-Build Ltd.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I have been having log-in issues with chieftalk. Something about my cookies. Anyway, the remodel sounds interesting. Have you modeled the house in chief yet? If you have any questions I could probably lend a hand.
    I use only Chief for my work. I found out long ago that with chief it was easier to design and model a house than with CAD-for me anyway. But maybe that is because when I first started with CAD it was about 18 years ago-and needless to say-very frustrating trying to figure out the 3-D point when just trying to draw a wall. I love the ease of Chief-you want to draw a wall-you just draw it. SO I probably never gave CAD the proper time needed to learn all of the ins and outs of the program.
    Anyway, I have been using Chief professionally for about 5 years now. I just received the upgrade to version X1, but have not installed it yet. I want to wait untill I have finished with a few projects I am in the middle of first. But it looks promising.
    As far as being Greek-I am by marriage. My husband is 100% Greek, from Xios.
    Tammy Apostolis
    TJD Designs, Inc.

Chiefer since V6
    X2 & X3
    Windows7 64-bit
    Dual 768MB 8800 GTX video cards (in SLI) with dual monitors