Client viewer textures

Why can’t my clients see the textures/colors/materials I assigned to the models when they view it with Client Viewer? Do I need to send the materials along with? If so how is that done?

Yes, you need to send the materials.

File - Export - Entire Plan will save the plan and all texture files etc that are used in that plan. You have to place it in an empty direction.

It will include standard library things as well as your custom stuff. If you know what your custom textures are and where to find them, just send the jpegs along with the plan.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

The only problem with doing an "entire plan" is that the folder size can be very large. You'll probably need to put it on a CD or memory stick.

Large files can be sent to USENDIT.COM but then the client has to have the ability to download large files.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Thank your for your help!!
    Using "entire plan export", exported all the textures in that file not just those used in that model. After sorting them down to the ones I wanted to send the zip file was still nearly 4 megs. it would be nice if only the used texteres could be attached to that file.

Open your plan materials dialog and use the "purge" button to remove any unused materials from your plan. This might help reduce the number of texture files that are used when you use the export entire plan tool.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Which version are you using? I've found the new X-1 reader (downloaded from the CA site) seems to have a lot of materials the old client reader didn't...
    John VanderMyde
    X1 & X2 Vista 64 HP HDX
    www.vandermyde.com
    Building Design on the Outer Banks of N.C.
    N.C.G.C.# 48835 Unlimited

“The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.” -Abraham Lincoln