Different Floor levels

I'm trying to add an adition to my house, which is a Cape Cod that sits up on the basement foundation 30" above grade. The addition is going to be on a slab at grade, which will allow us to have 10' ceilings. We are going to remove the current Attic/Bedrooms over the existing house and have a true 2nd floor over the entire house. (Existing and addition) I'm using CA 7 and I cannot seem to get it to show the addition and current 1st floor properly. It wants to force me to have them on an even level, not stepped like they should be? I've tried several ways, and read some of the posts that seemed similar to mine but the fixes aren't working. I'd like to modify my current plan, but I'll start over if I need to, just let me know what order I should have built everything in the first place.

Thanks,
    ^Hawk^

Grant is offline Registered User Promoted
    Build your current basement as you have it, defining the proper height of the stem or foundation wall. Let's say your basement on the current house is 10' Enter 120" for stem wall height in the room dbx for the basement.

In foundation level, pl0, draw a wall that separates the old foundation level from the new slab level. Click on the room dbx for the new foundation area and set the stem wall height to 0"

You now have part of the foundation as a regular basement, part as a slab on grade. You probably want to select the wall and make it invisible.

Grant

Still No Luck

I started a new plan. I clicked Build Foundation and went right to pl0. I created the original 25 x 30 basement, set the stem walls to 96. I look at it with the elevation tool and it looks great. I then created the new addition, and everytime I try to change any of the numbers for that part, it reverts back to what was already there.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
    ^Hawk^

When you change the numbers you are taking out the " (D) " for Default? If not your new numbers will nor stick.
    Jan
    Jan Bruinsma
    Building Designer Extraordinaire

THANKS!!!

Thanks for the help. I was leaving the (D) in.

DOH!

^Hawk^