Create new building at different angle

I am working on a project were I have imported the survey data and created a 3D site plan complete with all the current features, this worked great.

The site was brought in with North facing 12 o'clock, no problem.

I now want to create a new structure on the site but at a strange angle, lets say 21 deg off the North direction.

I have used rotate view and aligned the cursor to my required 21 deg angle, thus rotating the reference grid also.

When I draw a shape (rectangle) it is drawn square to the north direction and not the 21 deg coordinate system of reference grid.

I would like to setup one or more grids and save them if possible to allow me to draw on the required angles and not have to continuously rotate things after they are drawn.

I have put this one to support but not sure they understand the goal, any suggestions or ideas ????

You will probably continue to fight this using your current approach. What you need to do is to create the structure using the traditional grid (don't angle the structure) and compensate for the 21 deg angle by rotating the imported site survey data 21 degrees. When it comes time to print realign the plan on the layout page so it looks like the structure has been created at an angle on the imported site data.
    Dave The Designer
    Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, Rejoice, for the Lord is near! Do not be anxious in anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thankgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will keep your heart and mind safe in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

A,

Dave is giving you the straight dope. Never angle the house - always angle the terrain.

I always keep the house straight for all plans except the site plan. You can either rotate the layout box for the site plan or convert it to a cad detail and rotate that. I do the latter - I get better results printing.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)