dimensions in cross section won't turn off in layout

hi all,

if i dimension a cross section & send to layout and then try to turn off the dimension layer in the layout it doesn't work.

if i then turn off the dimension layer in the cross section (it turns off as it should) close & hit the update button when asked the dimensions still show on the layout but not on the actual cross section.

with the dimension layer turned off if i then resend the cross section to the layout the new image on the layout page still shows the dimensions.

doesn't matter if i make a copy of the active layer set or not.

apart from the default i have tried many variations of layer sets but to no avail.

is anyone else having this problem or can help to solve it.

thanks, brian wheatland

using x1
    chief user since 1995.

Select the layout box, then the layer control box that looks just like the regular one, but isn't - probably at the bottom, Layout Box Layers is it's name (hover mouse to see).

You may have left "Make Copy of Active Layerset" checked when you sent to layout.

In this dbx, you can either change to the layerset you want, or you can keep the copy and change the setting for the layer.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

If that's not it - make sure you're on the current update X1.3. If that's not it - you have a date with tech support.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

hi wendy,

thanks for reply, but if you re-read my question you will see i have done all those things before posting.

would you do me a favour & try to see if you can turn off the dimension layer in a cross section layout as i describe.

tech support is a bit of a pain from down under and an appeal to this forum (or chief users) usually has a faster result.

thanks, brian

for your info. i received this message from tech support this morning, brian wheatland;

"Brian,

I have confirmed that this is a problem. I do not see a really good workaround in this case other than to use two different elevation camera views if you need to have one with and one without dimensions.

I will report this problem to our development team for you and hopefully we can get it fixed in a future update.

Thanks

Your Chief Architect Support Team"