Generate a Floor finish plan

is there an easy way to generate a floor finish plan? a button or something to automatically generate it?

i tried searching and the search keeps separating my search into two different words and not the phrase! tried it in the advance search and i get the same thing. its kinda frustrating.
    Steve Childs
    Childs Drafting, Inc.
    Located in N. Florida
    Chief Architect X1 - nooby
    ADT 2007 user

Don't we wish there would be an easy way to do that....

We're asking for it....

Chris,

thanks for the reply. I am still an ADT 2007 user. i just find that it is extremely easy to do that kind of thing in. I think that the manipulation that i can do in ADT, for me, is easier across the board. But i am forcing myself to use more and more features of Chief. but i defiantly like the rendering/ raytracing in Chief way better then ADT.

I normally draw in ADT but on my current project i was trying to do the majority of the work in Chief and them export it all to ADT for my layout and layer management. Unfortunately i guess that i have to go back to what i know ADT can do.

I have read on here there is a similar problem with making a reflected ceiling plan. that is a bummer!

What about a room elevation? I have tried to do a wall elevation and it cuts through the entire plan..But im looking for something that would only be a, say...bathroom wall elevation, or a kitchen elevation alone without the rest of the "cut section" showing up? is that possible or do i have to manipulate and trick a view to have to display correctly?

Thanks again for the help!
    Steve Childs
    Childs Drafting, Inc.
    Located in N. Florida
    ADT 2007 user

What exactly doyu mean by a floor finish plan?
    A materials list for finish carpentry, or something?
    As for a wall elev. for a single room you can always take the elev. then send to cad then delete all not needed very quickly.
    Let us know.
    Andy.
    CA X-V, Sketchup 8 PRO,
    Auto-something '11
    Revit'11
    Windows 7, AMD Phenom 8 core, 12 Gigs. Ram. (Works well together).
    Andre' G. Tardif
    andytardif@gmail.com
    www.draftinginoc.com

If you mean a ROOM FINISH SCHEDULE, then yes...we all want that.

As for the interior elevations...there is a tool NEXT to the cross section tool, it looks like a wall with a window in it...use that tool for interior elevations...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	int elev.JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	18003  
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by schilds937
    What about a room elevation? I have tried to do a wall elevation and it cuts through the entire plan..But im looking for something that would only be a, say...bathroom wall elevation, or a kitchen elevation alone without the rest of the "cut section" showing up? is that possible or do i have to manipulate and trick a view to have to display correctly?
    This is a known bug (according to tech support). You can put a break in the walls at the room corners, and it will then work correctly.

EDIT: Hey, I just typed "t ech support" (space added) and it inserted the link automatically. Not what I wanted.
    Last edited by RMorrison; 10-17-2007 at 09:05 AM.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

Quote Originally Posted by carpenterguy
    What exactly doyu mean by a floor finish plan?
    A materials list for finish carpentry, or something?
    As for a wall elev. for a single room you can always take the elev. then send to cad then delete all not needed very quickly.
    Let us know.
    Andy.
    by floor finish plan i am referring to a floor plan that has no dimensions and no room labels but graphically shows the floor finishes and calls them out in the room. Not a schedule but an actual plan.

for the room elevations i would like to do a room rendering where it will render/raytrace only a single rooms walls looking in all 4 direction as well as a cad (line drawing) file of a similar.

Quote Originally Posted by joey3032
    If you mean a ROOM FINISH SCHEDULE, then yes...we all want that.

As for the interior elevations...there is a tool NEXT to the cross section tool, it looks like a wall with a window in it...use that tool for interior elevations...
    where would i find this tool in CA X1?
    in the page that you posed how did you create them? are they live sections where they will update automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by RMorrison
    This is a known bug (according to T.ech Support). You can put a break in the walls at the room corners, and it will then work correctly.
    will this not mess up the rendering? and then i ask will the walls of the same type rejoin back together? i have had this happen several times and gets rather old expecialyy when i do not want them to be joined.

thanks again all for the help!
    Steve Childs
    Childs Drafting, Inc.
    Located in N. Florida
    ADT 2007 user

Steve, I have a layer set to do this. You can turn on your flooring patterns, wall outlines and whatever else you want. I can't think of any way to have the correct labels show automatically, but you could save some text blocks to the library and drop them in pretty quick.

P.S where in N. Florida?
    Leslie Sapp
    State Certified General Contractor
    State Certified Roofing Contractor
    Trenton, Fl.
    Ver. X5 Build15.2.0.87x64
    http://www.lesliesapp.com
    homes@lesliesapp.com

Quote Originally Posted by tlsapp
    Steve, I have a layer set to do this. You can turn on your flooring patterns, wall outlines and whatever else you want. I can't think of any way to have the correct labels show automatically, but you could save some text blocks to the library and drop them in pretty quick.

P.S where in N. Florida?
    Humm!!! i might have to try that out! thanks for the input.

im north of jacksonville.
    Steve Childs
    Childs Drafting, Inc.
    Located in N. Florida
    ADT 2007 user

Quote Originally Posted by schilds937
    will this not mess up the rendering? and then i ask will the walls of the same type rejoin back together? i have had this happen several times and gets rather old expecialyy when i do not want them to be joined.
    Well, it's not ideal, but it's way better in X1 than V10. It should not be a problem in the rendering or vector views. (I just tried it.) X1 does not join walls like V10 used to.
    Last edited by RMorrison; 10-18-2007 at 07:30 AM.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

in the page that you posed how did you create them? are they live sections where they will update automatically?
    Yes, they are live wall elevations. Sometimes you will have some cleaning up to do, so once the design is complete, I will send them to CAD using CAD to VIEW to clean up the stray lines.
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RMorrison
    Well, it's not ideal, but it's way better in X1 than V10. It should not be a problem in the rendering or vector views. (I just tried it.) X1 does not join walls like V10 used to.
    I will try this thanks! then my "room elevations" should in theory stop at the wall break correct?

Quote Originally Posted by joey3032
    Yes, they are live wall elevations. Sometimes you will have some cleaning up to do, so once the design is complete, I will send them to CAD using CAD to VIEW to clean up the stray lines.
    can i ask how you generated them in Chief? and having them live sections without the shading on them?

Thanks again all for the help!
    Steve Childs
    Childs Drafting, Inc.
    Located in N. Florida
    ADT 2007 user