"quirk" in X1.3 Layout

I've seen this in a few of my layouts lately, i keep getting these random lines on the page. It almost looks like where the layout box borders are, but the layer is turned off. I had to .zip the PDF to get it uploaded.

The weird thing is...i tried to export from Chief layout to a .jpeg, but the phantom lines are not there!

They show up in .PDFs and on hard copies when i print, i've tried printing to both of my machines (HP 1050c and KIP 3002).

Anybody else getting this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

It might be a line that is in the view that is right on the edge. If it shows up by making the box bigger that might be the case.

I can't tell for sure. If you can't figure it out send it into support.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Hi, here is a snapshot of what I get in Bluebeam PDF Review, I am sorry but I do not see anything, am I just missing it?

Andy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDF snap.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	18038  
    CA X-V, Sketchup 8 PRO,
    Auto-something '11
    Revit'11
    Windows 7, AMD Phenom 8 core, 12 Gigs. Ram. (Works well together).
    Andre' G. Tardif
    andytardif@gmail.com
    www.draftinginoc.com

I have also noticed this problem with several of my plans. It seems to show up on some elevations.

I usually get lines on the bottom and right of any jpg images I have in layout. And that's with the border line set to "white". (I sure wish they'd give us the option of "None" for borders, not just white...) But they don't usually show at first, so if I pull in the jpg into layout and print immediately, I often don't get the lines. But any subsequent printings, the lines show up in print. They may or may not show up on the screen - sometimes it varies by how zoomed it is. I noticed this early in X1, if not in 10. I sent bug reports about it way back when... I know it didn't happen in v9.

Christina
    Christina Girerd Loud, Architect
    Girerd Designs
    Mountain View, CA
    www.GirerdDesigns.com

X5

"(I sure wish they'd give us the option of "None" for borders, not just white...) "

Open the Picture File Box Specification dialog box.
    Go to the Line Style tab.
    Uncheck the "Show Outline" box.

This will be unchecked by default in the X1.4 update for newly placed pictures and metafiles.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot Dempsey

This will be unchecked by default in the X1.4 update for newly placed pictures and metafiles.
    Y E A !

Are you also going to fix the zoom problem with CAD details?

Fitch
    X2 <latest>

You have until you release the drawing to get it right, Mother Nature and the Customer have forever to see if you did. (By me, 1971. )

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. Last sentence in the Feynman Appendix to the Challenger Report by R. Feynman

Never allow those who would substitute intimidation and guilt trips for knowledge and reason to influence your technical judgement. Me, 1993.