Roof - continue slope downward puzzle

The continue slope downward checkbox seems to be the tool for this job, but is not working as expected. I want the roof plane to be continuous across this wall from the covered deck on the left on through past the wall on the left. I only want one roof plane for this. I have checked "continue slope downward" for the circled wall and made the 2 abutting walls full gable as required. Is it not working because the one wall is a deck railing, or is there something else I am missing?

I have also tried making the wall back from the deck into full gable but that had no effect. I suspect I could fool Chief by just temporarily extending the main wall until after roof planes are built, but haven't tried that yet. It's late...

Any clues?

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	continue_slope_problem.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	17971  
    - Dave
    X1 11.5
    X3
    X4

This is when I lay hands on it and heal it I mean edit the roof manually. Sometimes it's just easier to pull the roof plane across the house yourself when they don't behave like it seems like they should.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

Dave - if you bring the side walls across, it will built the roof the way you want. Pull it across - build roof - edit to remove unwanted walls.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

It appears i have this backwards. I tried Wendy's suggestion, which is along the lines of what I had been thinking after giving some more thought, but it didn't work. I looked in help and it says for continuing the roof slope down over a bumpout. I thought I remembered this from a video as a way to cover an alcove like this, but that isn't what I get from the help files.

I'm sure I'll just go manual now, but I thought I remembered it to work for this case. Weird.
    - Dave
    X1 11.5
    X3
    X4

Hi Dave
    Can you post a picture of what you want?
    I am just not understanding it..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Trying to do what's in the pic. I did it manually. By making a couple modifications to the roof tab on a couple walls, there was less manual work thatn I was expecting, so it worked out.

But still I swear I thought I saw this exact case in a CA video and it used "extend slope downward". Clearly I am wrong on some detail of that.

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	continue_slope_final.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	18018  
    - Dave
    X1 11.5
    X3
    X4

Minimum alcove?

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer