Thread: New User

MKING is offline Registered User Promoted

New User

Hi folks!

New to CA, just purchased CA X1. I've used AutoCAD and still do for about 15 years. I'm primarily a Civil draftsman but occasionally have to do architectural drafting for Anderson County in South Carolina. I fell in love with CA when I tried the V10 demo some time back. Presently I'm torturing myself having to get up to speed with the 2008 Civil 3D in AutoCAD and also trying to learn this!

MKING

Hello my name is Ernest and I am a drafter in Aiken SC. I really like X1 alot and plan on getting it really soon. Do you own your own drafting company? If so can I ask you a few question about getting started up on my own as well. I work for a drafter know, but I plan on one day working for my self.

MKING is offline Registered User Promoted

Question Drafting

Ernest,

I presume you directed you question toward me. As I mentioned in the post, I work for the County in Anderson. I primarily use AutoCAD (Civil 3d and LDT) but have done a few Architectural type projects for the County.

I don't own my own company but there was one in Anderson for about 5 years or so but it went out of business. I also knew another man who tried to start his own drafing business but ended up getting out of it also. I feel sure that the major reason is because many drafters are not actually Engineers or Architects and are very limited in what they can do on their own.

MKING

Smile 3-D Rotating Movie File

Hey Guys,

Do you know if X1 has the capibility to create a movie file from the 3-D plan view. I want to create a movie of a rotating plan which my clients love.

PS: Ernest, I don't know if you ever got your answers regarding starting a business but if you want some suggestions please contact me. I have had my own firm for 6 years and doing very well. Also, consider doing some freelance work to get started. We use a few from time to time and i am considerig using more in the future.

Have a Great Day!!