Interior garage walls

Seems odd to me that interior walls in a garage won't go right to the floor but stay suspended at the swt elevation. I drag them down to place but was wondering if this is how you guys do this, am I missing something.
    Paul
    10.08a

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzzz
    Seems odd to me that interior walls in a garage won't go right to the floor but stay suspended at the swt elevation. I drag them down to place but was wondering if this is how you guys do this, am I missing something.
    Paul,
    When a room is defined as a "Garage" certain attributes are set. In most standard residential design instances, additional interior walls in a garage are rare. Therefore, chief defaults to how the exterior walls function in a garage: See attached. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slab at Garage.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	17791

Of course, with garages becoming larger with defined stowage/utility rooms, I can see more use of interior walls in garages.
    You found the correct fix - drag the interior wall down to the floor.

If you think that CA should recognize an "interior wall" in a 'Garage' and the attributes be set to place the wall to the floor, post a suggestion in the 'suggestion section' and maybe it will be addressed in CAX2.

This is the best answer I can come up with for you question.
    Don

CA Premium X6 (16.1.1.9x64) SSA
    Intel i7-4770 (8M Cache) @ 3.4GHz; Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit; 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz);
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670;
    Dual HD Monitors (24" and 22");
    Primary Hard Drive: 256GB SSD.

Call the room GARAGE with the same attribute as the garage, then change the name to whatever you want in the text dbx.
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com