Threaded View

The only probelm with flagging a dimension string as manual after chief has auto-dimensioned, is that if you make a change later on, and re-dimension, chief retains your now manual string and places another automatic dimension line over the top of it.

To be a little more specific than before...what i would like to see is a way to "lock" 1 handle along a dimension string. so if i have 1 6" wall in a group of several partitions, and i want to dimension the outside or inside framing layer instead of center on just that one wall; I'd like to be able to shift the dimension handle to the outer or inner framing layer and then "lock" it, so when i re-dim, it somehow remembers where i told it to stay. Chief treats every wall between 2 exterior walls as interior partitions, to be dimensioned to center, no matter what wall type it is...

And again, the overall dimensions are important too...if i have a 40' house, a 12' breezway, and a 28' garage. Chief should be able to include (somewhere in the dim. strings), an overall 40' dim, a 12' dim and a 28' dim...and if you were to ask me where, i think they should go on the 2nd to outer most string, between the partition string and the big-daddy overall dimension.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	17786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	17787