Thread: "BBB" List

"BBB" List

This thread is dedicated to listing BBB’s (Black Background Bugs). It seems that the black background is the most desirable because it is easiest on the eyes and shows detail better than any of the other choices. Please add any problems you have encountered in using a black background to the following list. When the list has been exhausted, I will email it to ART so that they can fix these problems. Be as concise as you can. I have searched both the egroups and ChiefTalk forums for this initial list.

1 Certain hatch patterns do not display properly. The sand/stucco does not show at all, and the concrete hatch pattern does not display small specs. mcorrivea-@home.com

2. I’m also having problems with doors and window/door sizes disappearing.
    This should be fixed in the next patch, along with the move to front/back command when hatching floor tiles. (used to work fine) mcorrivea-@home.com

3. I have the same problem. I have overcome it by changing the colors. Cyan
    works good. Doesn't print well though. bcnligh-@aol.com

4. The little arrows in the wall layer dbx that show which layer/line you have selected just plain disappear when the black background is selected? dmarrin@yahoo.com

5. After opening and editing a plan with black background for only 10 or 15 minutes, I have noticed that cross section lines begin to disappear, No matter what color I assign to them in "show items" they will not re-appear, however if I change background color back to white, they miraculously re-appear. dmarrin@yahoo.com

6. Sizes for windows and doors in non-orthogonal walls show up as white boxes, no text. dmarrin@yahoo.com

7. Stairs aren't visible in "open below" area with black b/g. jw107@atlantaplansource.com

8. Text, cabinet & fixture labels (when rotated) and other items have a solid white b/g, creating a lot of screen clutter. jw107-@atlantaplansource.com

9. Reference plan color is not what's selected in preferences. jw107@atlantaplansource.com

10. If you try a black background you cannot see the 2D views in the library browser as it apparently changes the line color to white but not the background to black.boa@means.net

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN

#10 was fixed a couple of patches ago

Tim O'D

Tim:

Thanks for the clarification; one less item to fix.

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN