Thread: Zoom extreme

Zoom extreme

When I F6 on my fdtn plan it zooms out to about a 2.5 zillion %. I can only assume that I have some sort of rogue entity on the page, any idea how to get rid of it?? I did a few searches but found no similiar problem.
    Paul
    10.08a

Do a Save As and then set up a layer to show everything, then see if you see anything. If not, you may have something too small to see at full zoom. Then you could possibly try some Edit Areas around the permiter of the plan to see if you can catch anything outside the plan, keeping in mind the rogue entity is likely at the perimter of the full zoom window somwhere. Not sure that's it but I have run into something like that a few times and that usually solves it.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

turn off a few layers at a time, until it quits doing the out into space zoom...when that happens, turn on the few you turned off to get it to stop doing that back on , then turn off the other layers ...then turn off layers one at a time until you narrow it down to the layer the problem is on...then zoom out and use the edit area(visible) or shift select to try and get a marquee around the offending item and delete it

or zip the plan and post it here and someone will help trouble shoot it
    Last edited by Tim O'Donnell; 09-17-2007 at 03:56 PM.
    Tim O'Donnell

I Have Been Having A Problem With The Absolute Zero Or The Plan Just Moving For Some Reason And I'm Not Sure What I Did. You Have To Find Absolute Zero And Move Your Plan Back To That Position ,if Thats Your Problem. Using 1.2 Plans In 1.3.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Found the little !X@#%!%$

I tried all suggestions and it was a manual dimension that was causing the problem. I never did find it though but by zooming out selecting and erasing of them all on that floor, cured the problem.
    Looks like Tim was the winner this time. I just hid all layers except that one and dumped all the dimensions. It won't take too long to get them back again, certainly less time than I've spent trying to solve this problem:mad:

Thanks again,
    Paul
    10.08a