Question Printing Final plan sets

Greetings all,
    OK here goes. I'm using the HP Designjet 110plus and it takes approx. 2min per page printing in color. So if I have a 20 page plan set that's gonna be 40 minutes per set and sometimes I need 6 -8 sets which means the printer is printing for 5.3 hours. Is there a way to set up CA 10.08a so that I can work on other plans sets while the first one is printing for 5 hrs?

Thanks Sean

Why not make a PDF file first, then print from that program (Acrobat or PDF 995, PDF Factory, etc.) while working on something else in Chief?

Print First Set From Pdf And Review Each Page For Any Errors - Why I Have The 110 Plus - Then For So Many Pages (6 Sets Of Plans) - E-mail Plan (pdf) To Print Shop For Them To Print The Rest - To Offer To Print That Many Sets I Hope Is In Your Proposal. Unless Noted I Print 2 Sets Per Customer And E-mail The Plans (pdf) To Them After Final Payment.
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5

PDF - definately. That's what I do.

A nice side benefit is that you have an electronic record of everything you send out, and that you can email to a nice fast print shop if necessary.

My printer will print, pack and UPS - no more handling by me. They keep it on file, and when the builder wants more, he calls them, gives them his credit card... again, no time spent by me.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

cool, thanks all looks like pdf is the winner and it makes sense too duh!!

Thanks again Sean

Sean, I also use the HP 110+, do most of my own printing, and my print rate is much faster. You must have a setting off somewhere. I use color in my title bar(logo), and a light grey fill in the walls, everything else B/W, my 24x36 pages print in less than a min. per page.

Here are the settings I use....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	printer.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	17333  
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

The Original Question Is A Little Ambiguous - There Should Be No Problem Working On Other Plans Once The Printer Begins Printing From Layout, Etc. - Do It All Day Long - Just Can't Open Another Layout Page Or Only One At A Time. While Working On Other Plans The Speed Isn't So Important - Maybe A Little Quieter Would Help.
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5