Opening files in Chief 6, pointing my browser...

I am trying to change the default directory for Chief 6.0 so when I want to open a file the Chief 6.0 directory will be the first directory to appear in the dialog box. I know this was discussed at some point but can't locate the topic through a search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

Maureen:

I'm assuming you have a shortcut for Chief60 on your desktop and that you are using Win98. If I am correct in these assumptions, right click your Chief60 Icon, select properties/shortcut, and in the start in: box type C:\Chief60, again assuming the C drive is where you have installed Chief60.

Now when you go to the open command, it should start you out in that directory.

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN

Dan's right about how to do this, but there is one little quirck that took a long time to figure out. You must have a VALID chief 6.0 PL1 file in the directory you are useing or the program will NOT use the directory. A blank directory, a directory with nothing but subfolders or one with chief '97 files only in it WILL NOT WORK.

Strange? I think so.

A much better faster way is to keep active files on the desktop toolbar. Instant access to any active file you need.
    Mike Hall
    San Diego

Thanks for the help! I'm now pointed in the right direction...

There's so much good information at this site. Thanks to everyone who contributes!