Office interior design

I am new with Chief Architect and would like to master interior design for office designs.I have been trying for home design but would like to know where I can get good tutorials to learn how to model concrete columns and workstations.

Also where I can get symbols for all types of office furniture to include in the office design asap.

Thanks.

If you are new to CA I would say practice with the items available in the library's to start with. CA has sometimes unrealized model making abilities and is quite capable of making columns, it depends what you want a column could be a cylinder. or do want the full Greek Dorinth with all the curly bits. What do you mean by a work station, isn't that another name for a desk. There are a considerable number of symbols out there on the web, just a matter of good trawling, if fact try searching this forum there's plenty here.
    Could you tell which version of Chief you are using, and if you have any expertise in model making and file conversion. This forum can give you all the tutorials you need, and in this respect it is better to ask specific questions, so that issues can be dealt with one at a time, sometimes you get hoards of Chieftalk addicts(you know who you are) lining up with answers. Try looking for manufactures that issue 3D cad files of their products, this will enable you to design within a theme. I have some libraries with office stuff, if you like I will get back to you.

p.s. search this forum for GDL EXPLORER, and consider downloading it, its a utility which could come in handy
    Last edited by ARCHIJEF2000; 08-27-2007 at 01:49 PM.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

ChiefTalk addicts???
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Oh thanks that would be very nice Archijef2000 I'm actually working on CA x1 and ya I am looking for modern design office desk for call centres etc and office furniture in general. I am an interior designer and needs sometimes to do nice presentations for clients so I am thinking of using CA for it. Can you send me some links where I can get them please?

Addicts? Uh,uh. Not me. No Way. Don't know what you're talking about. No sir. I can stop anytime I want.

The Sketchup 3D warehouse has a lot of free models that you can convert through Sketchup for use in Chief.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...=Search&styp=m

You can get a free 8 hour trial of Sketchup Pro which would be plent of time to convert a few of them, and then maybe convert you to a Sketchup fan too.

Happy hunting!
    Last edited by sutcac; 08-27-2007 at 08:20 PM.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

Myasinm,
    I have placed a large amount of material in original symbols
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/origin...es/GDL%20bits/. file name GDL BITS.
    A GDL (geometric description language) file comes to us from Archicad. you need to have the GDL explorer
    http://www.graphisoft.com/products/a...lexplorer.html

Find the library folder and make new sub-folders with appropriate names; install the entire contents of the zip files to these folders.

Open the gdl explorer, you should see a file tree, and images of the objects. Click on an object and it will open in its own window. save this file as a 3ds, and it is this file you can import to CA.

Note GDL files are interesting in that they can contain more than one object in the same file, for example that could be a series of windows. The GDL explorer enables you to select and sometimes modify a particular object before export. The velux roof windows are good examples of these.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

ok thanks guys