Dim lines fade when selected in X1

Hello folks,
    Whenever I select a object, its dim line fades to almost invisible. What am I missing? I looked in all kinds of dbx, but no avail. Everything was fine in v 10.
    I also searched for "dim" in the chat room. compared to the horror stories, this should have an easy solution. Any help will be appreciated.
    God bless America
    Wolfgang Richter
    Lake Lure, NC
    Version X3.latest
    duo core, Win 7, RAM 667 Mhz, 2 Monitors

Wolfgang,

The first guess would be to look at your settings. The Layer set color for your Manual Dimensions and under Preferences/Appearance/Colors/Background. You might play around with those and see if it will make a difference.

Off topic, I just spent 6 weeks in Rutherfordton, NC, which is close to Lake Lure. Didn't have a chance to go by there, but hear it's a beautiful place. Apparently your Appraisal Office thinks so as well. Ever go by the Greenhill Store?
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Cliff,
    did all this. No results.

PS: next time you are in the area, call me 828-625-1459 and we will talk some shop and then I take you out on my boat. Go by Greenhill Store a lot, have been in there once.
    God bless America
    Wolfgang Richter
    Lake Lure, NC
    Version X3.latest

Wolfgang,

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Maybe someone will chip in for a solution.....

Thanks and I will call. I would like to see more of the area, especially Lake Lure. Should be there again next year for a new project. I help a long time Army friend each year. He takes care of his son that's in a persistent vegetative state, same as the girl from Florida, Terri Schiavo, so I do what I can to help. His daughter, Missy, works at the Greenhill Store. Stop by and tell her hi sometime. If you mention my name, she may charge you double.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

The dimension lines do change color for me when I select something but I have a white background and so they are still visible.

Have you changed your background color?
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Alan,
    thanks for the reply. I changed background colors, even white gives me only a hardly visible selected dim line.
    As I write this, I am still trying to find the answers, I am looking all over the place!
    God bless America
    Wolfgang Richter
    Lake Lure, NC
    Version X3.latest

In X1 dimension lines now highlight in the same fashion as other items when they are selected. The way this works is to take the highlight color, settable in preferences, and doing an XOR draw over the top of the existing color. XOR drawing is a way of inverting the color such that drawing again will get you back to the original color. This is a trick to make editing fast that goes back to the early days of Chief when other options were pretty much out of the question because of hardware limitations.

The trick is to pick highlight colors that work well with your object colors. It is very possible to pick colors that will produce very bad results. It is also easy to pick colors that will highlight very well. Try moving the highlight color off in the R, G, or B value of what you currently have in increments of about 20 until you get a result that is good for you.

When you do this check other objects as well. Especially, things that aren't being drawn in Black.

While the background color will come into play in this it is really not a primary player in whether you can see things or not.

In the future we will very likely replace this mechanism for highlighting with one that will be fast as well as provide good highlighting of the items being selected.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.