Victorian Details

I would like to add some detailing to the exterior of a Victorian home plan elevation. Examples here would include corner trim, ornate facia for gables, etc. What would be the easiest way to do this?

John B.

Go to www.fypon.com and download their dxf details. It's about 5 mb of details. You will need to download the catalog also so you know what you are referencing. The fypon details are invaluable. It includes everything you mentioned and dozens of more details. I use it for dentil, pediments, pilasters, dormer trim, mouldings, etc.

Jay Malaspino
    jmalasp@capecod.net www.capecod.net/cad

Jay thanks for the tip! I downloaded them and now I need to know how to open them. I noticed that Chief 97 won't open the details. Suggestions?

Foxcraft,

I asssemble my cross sections and elevations in cad detail windows. Use cross section camera export to desktop. Open cad detail window. For CA 97 go to cad - then read dxf. Look up pertinent fypon or any other dxf details you need(at this point reduce your elevation to upper right quarter of cad details because when you read in detail it will appear in bottom left corner). When it is read in shift select it and make it a cad block. Move into place and copy as needed. WARNING hit f3 before you try to read dxf otherwise you will be mad at yourself when it crashes. Sometimes dxf import in CA 97 isn't always perfect.

Jay Malaspino
    jmalasp@capecod.net www.capecod.net/cad