help!! how to...

How to export .dwg files for autocad from chief x version??? in chief 10 i had no problem doing that but in this version i don't see that option. If i use a plan drawed in 10 i can export as .dwg and I can set the cad set but in x i cant... confused... help please...
    Last edited by abby; 08-22-2007 at 01:54 AM.

File>export>current view (dwg)
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

done that but in cad everything is mixed up...layers are invisible, half of things is in block, can't change layers, half of things aren't even on the drawing???!!!... could it be that i must change some properties?? in chief or in cad maybe? thanx Allen...

Abby,

"half of things aren't even on the drawing" - It can look this way if they are the same color as your autocad background. Try either changing your autocad background color or selecting everything in autocad, changing color to "bylayer" and making sure all layer colors are different than your background. You may need to make sure all layers are unlocked first.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

that's not it... I can't select them all because it won't select them like they aren't there, but when i look at the layout everything looks ok except that i don't know how to make that the furniture isn't printed black... and the walls?? no walls in cad when i export current view.. cad mistake???
    or chief x1?? still freshman at all this so i really need help...