Threaded View

Zowie is offline Registered User Promoted

Posting of Bugs--Two Way Street:

Hi Dan,
    Perhaps if you made public the list of known bugs as you find them we wouldn't be working in the dark. Asking the group only to write tech support with possible issues takes away from the forum's power to serve itself and serve you as a company:

When people post their quandaries I know to look for those issues, Without this aid, I'm out here on an island being your free beta tester and loosing productivity on top of that.

We throw these questions out on the group to hear if anyone else has had problems or peculiarities. If the string goes on for a while, it's an amazing opportunity for your company to see how poorly or perfectly the software is designed. Asking users to self-censure possible known issues from the forum takes away your ability to see how users engage with your software and our ability to consider what issues are occurring.

When I write tech, I often get a work-around then the case is closed as though the issue was address. Take the text box issue in X1. Yes, I can click on the text tool to highlight text, but in V10 we used to be able to click on text boxes with the arrow selector (without clicking on it 3 times). I pointed out that the text box might need more sensitivity and tech wrote back to just click on the text tool first.

I'd rather hear the obvious truth: yes it is a step backwards from V10, a note as been sent to the programmers and we hope to fix it. If I had seen this issue on the group first I'd know that I needed to prepare myself to deal with this snafu and not waste time screwing around with it until it's fixed.

Perhaps fixing the issues instead of hiding them would be a better opportunity for us all.

Thanks very much,
    Barry