Threaded View

Need some input / raytrace

I'm working on setting up a raytrace for a house, and i'm having some trouble with it. I dont do alot of raytracing so i dont know many tricks. I searched some of the treads but couldnt find any answers that will work for me. What i've got is a daytime view and i have my sun angle set to where i want it, its fairly high in the sky (1:00 pm) and i have a fairly deep covered porch. The problem i am trying to solve is that the space in the porch is completely black becuase its in shadow and no light is reaching the walls inside. I'm trying to illuminate that area of the model without making it look unnatural.

I've tried playing around a bit with the ambient and indirect light settings, but it doesnt seem to change much when i do a raytrace. I could put a light in the ceiling of the porch, but of course, not knowing much about lighting, it looks weird to me. lights in the daytime? The light on the garage wall is turned off, its just there for looks.

Can someone give me some advice? I understand that the porch is naturally in shadow, but, you should still be able to see inside during the day. I'm just not as experienced with raytracing, i spend most of my time drafting.

Thanks!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spec.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	16584