Copying Electric from one plan to another

I have two plans that are nearly identical, one has the electric done, and the other doesn't. I would like to copy and paste the electric from one to the other. Is this possible?

EDIT: I'm using v10
    Last edited by maCk1977; 08-22-2007 at 07:55 AM.

Try turning off all layers but those for electrical and copy with edit area. Then paste into new plan. Draw an X with two CAD line in a corner of the plan than it unchanged and place that X on the electrical layer. I would put the copied electrical plan on a custom layer since you might want to avoid confusion with new fixtures you might place. This will work on the 2D plans. It may not give you the electrical for 3D views, but for 2D should work. You can also make the electrical plan into a CAD detail just like you might do for as "As built" floorplan.

Edited: Tried it. It sort of worked. It does copy the 3D fixures, however, it lost all of the Auto generated outlets. Sending to CAD will allow the whole 2D plan to be blocked and copied. Then, delete the 2D symbols you want to change and replace with 3D as normal.
    Last edited by gpickren; 08-22-2007 at 08:27 AM.
    Intel i7 920 O.C. 3.35ghz
    EVGA X58 3X SLI
    MSI Geforce 260GTX 896 O.C.
    6 GB RAM; WD 300GB Velociraptor
    Vista Business 64 bit SP2
    X2

I did as you suggested with the edit area technique, but it copied the entire plan over even with all other layers turned off. I wish I could just have all layers but the electrical off and "shift+drag" and then just copy and paste the electric, but that doesn't seem to work.

You need to use Edit Area - Visible, not all.
    Intel i7 920 O.C. 3.35ghz
    EVGA X58 3X SLI
    MSI Geforce 260GTX 896 O.C.
    6 GB RAM; WD 300GB Velociraptor
    Vista Business 64 bit SP2
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by gpickren
    You need to use Edit Area - Visible, not all.

Good call, is it Monday =)

In theory it worked like a charm, but I guess as the saying goes "close only counts with hand grenades and horseshoes" I ended up just printing the "close" plan and I'll manually do it from there.