Threaded View

Zowie is offline Registered User Promoted

Sorry, I'm talking about changing color along one wall...

I agree making colored stripes in chief is actually very convenient.

But I was talking about changing color along one wall. I have a living room that shares a wall with a dining room next to it and I want to change the one wall of the dining room without changing the others.

I'm finding in X1 it's harder to do than in V10 which didn't work that well to begin with.

X1 wants to paint the whole room or the whole wall no matter what I do. Even if I define part of that wall under a different name and in a few instances, even if I define a different material in wall definitions?

Besides, changing wall definitions also changes materials lists, it's a bad work-around to what should be an easy task.

Chief needs to define color as color or wall covering, Not Material. We should be able to break a wall and change the color of that part of the wall without changing the wall material definition. This is embarrassing when sitting with clients. Changing color is cumbersome and time consuming.

If you don't think it is, try changing part of a room color and if you're successful, which occasionally happens, try changing that color and moving the lines a couple of times because the client will and the program won't.

Let's not get caught up in work-arounds for this, no matter which method you use, it's still cumbersome and only works part time. I'm working with clients on the fly, changing wall definitions is not an impressive way to change wall color. The more we agree it's a dumb system the faster Chief will change it. I can't believe the present system has endured as long as it has, it's insane.

Thanks guys,
    Barry