Threaded View

Barry,

To expand on what Dennis said, the reason you're having the problem is the eyedropper tool is not the right tool for the job. The eye dropper tool will change the material definition, so if you pick up a color and drop it onto you're "1/2" drywall", you are forever changing the definition of drywall to that particular color.

In X1, I've found it quite easy to change the color of an individual wall if you use the right tools:

While in a render full camera view, click on "Tools>Toolbars>Customize Toolbars> go to "toolbar tab", highlight each of the "color pallets" and click activate.

At that point, you will look like the "super painter" to the customer. This is so much better than V10 was, to the point that I am reluctant to use this in front of the customer because I am afraid they will want me to go through the entire house and show them all the options of how each room will look in 10 different paint colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colors (Large).jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	16716  
    Last edited by Allen Brown; 08-22-2007 at 04:55 AM.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com