foundation wall heights

Why is my foundation stem wall height including the platform thickness even though the set up in my defaults clearly shows the proper wall height to be used. While the picture looks right it is adding the platform thickness of 12.75 plus the wall height of 109.5 to get the stem wall height of 122.25?? huh?? Plus the platform still shows again on top (as it should) I'm missing something simple again I'm sure, possibly I changed something with out knowing?? I'm using automatically derive bsmt from 1st floor.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fdtn.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	16527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st floor.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	16528  

Well at least it's not me then.....Is there any work arounds?? I've deleted and rebuilt the fdtn but it seem to be stuck.

Paul

Hi Paul
    Can you post the plan?

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Hi Louis
    I don't doubt you.Just wanted to try a few things before he started over..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

I suspect the floating room on the first floor where you have the fireplace would be a likely culprit. Rooms should always be connected using invisible walls.

Also the setting is for the minimum wall height - without seeing the plan I would surmize that at least one room is lower than 0 in the first floor of the plan.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

I am reading this post for the first time and donot know about any other comments but would like to elaborate on creating auto foundations. It is important that no floor heights be set lower than the def of 0 before generating the foundation. The key here is the setting "minimum wall height". The program is designed to use this setting from the lowest floor height (not from 0 which would make more sense to most people) thereby producing eroneous stem wall heights. I'm not saying this is the problem but it has stumped me before. Paul, maybe you can check your floor heights?
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick
    Former Oilers and Flames fan

Dan and Rob,

Those may well be two issues that are causing the problem. I'll experiment further, but for now I've adjusted the room dbx manually and all is fine.
    Since I don't do a lot of whole house plans (mostly additions and remodels) this is a new scenario for me.

Thanks

Paul