Hybrid View

It is easy to dismiss the material list as pretty close to worthless because of the lack of optimization as mentioned in an earlier post. However, upon further reflection I find that I use it for every job that I do. I've applied ratios to calculate trim work labor based on lineal footage of casing & base and been fairly satisfied with the result. I also check quantities against roofing bids, fixture counts for plumbing, etc.

Primarily, I rely on it for filling out the reschek energy calc software required by all the local building jurisdictions here to complete the permitting process. Up until now a relatively painless process. However, the latest version of reschek - 4.1.3 - tracks the polar locations of walls, windows, and doors, via front, back, left or right side, and will not let me proceed without those things being flagged. I'm not sure if this is a function of the latitude I live at or what else. I haven't had the opportunity to dig into it.

I think this is what Scott is alluding to when he discusses r-values and surface areas.

I would add that breaking up the heated glass, walls, doors, into front, back, etc. would be a welcomed addition (along with better optimization), and hopefully not to difficult to code since it is already done in the vector mode.

Thanks,
    Kelly