Threaded View

Dan
    As a working builder, I do not bother with X1's material list with my projects, as I just do not have the time to mess with the complications. I get confused on all the repeated multiple lists, 2x4’s for example can show up a number of times, and on my last project my 10” siding was listed 11 times in various quantities , I know that I can turn items off but why bother, It is faster for me to do the list my self or send a plan to the lumberyard.
    Sorry, but the material list for me is just not helpful, it is in fact very bad and I just do not trust it for accuracy.
    A cut list would great, and a total sq ft calculation of siding including gables, roofing etc, without the multiple listings.

I hate to admit it but X1 is just a bit too much for this working builder.
    As I get in to more about X1 and realize how much there is to learn and the cost of the education, time and money. I think a lighter professional version simplified for Contractor Dummies, with a bit more Vector but less or no Rendering capabilities, for example would be better. Leaving the more advanced design features for the Architect and Designers if the client wants more detail.

In short I miss the simplicity of 3D Home Architect, if it just had had Layout pages and cross section cameras etc. Even the BH&G Pro versions have too many bells and whistles, more to impress the Client than just getting Construction Documents, in my opinion.

Thanks
    ELDON