Hybrid View

Material List

Dan, Look at the lumber yard's estimate. It is broken down logically in first (slab and first floor framing), second (second floor framing) and third (roof and finish out. At least it is here. Compare to the unusable list Chief produces. Someday, Chief should produce something that counts 2 x4's and doesn't specify 3" headers. We can always add the things we need and we can even estimate materials fairly quickly...buy why...when the lumber yard will do it for us and put prices to it.

Norm
    Norm Driscoll (972) 740 0272

Quote Originally Posted by DesigNet
    Dan, Look at the lumber yard's estimate. It is broken down logically in first (slab and first floor framing), second (second floor framing) and third (roof and finish out. At least it is here. Compare to the unusable list Chief produces. Someday, Chief should produce something that counts 2 x4's and doesn't specify 3" headers. We can always add the things we need and we can even estimate materials fairly quickly...buy why...when the lumber yard will do it for us and put prices to it.

Norm
    Arggghh! - This was marked as fixed in X1 but apparently only for schedules. It's still broke for material lists. I have reopened the bug! Now it's probably too late to get into .3.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

quick comment

I think a proper sophisticated material list function would bring a whole new group of customers to CA. I use it reasonably well but it could easily be so much more.....and all the info if there in the plan already!! Just dig it out and organize it!! It's that easy

Paul