Hybrid View

Railing Default Color

I am using CA6 Oct 21 version. I double click the RAILING tool to bring up the railing properties window. I change the assigned colors for RAIL, NEWEL and BALUSTER to green. I then draw a railing expecting it to be green. Instead the railing has the original default colors that were assigned to the tool. What’s wrong?

I am able to change the color of the railing after it is drawn but this is inconvenient if a plan has many railings.

Currently, you can set the default colors for stairs in "3-D"-"Default Colors", ofcourse that changes only the defaults, individual rails will still have to be changed as you require but the above is the "senior" area to change those color defaults as you have asked for.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter

Thanks David for the prompt reply. You solved my problem. However, I do think that the behavior I described above indicates a bug in CA6.

Hi, I think Mr. Potter has a differend Chief program than i do. When I saw this post originally I tried the settings and no matter what defaults I changed the rails where drawn colour nr. 1. Tried to apply default materials and all sorts of things. the only way to change colours was to select them after drawn and change individualy. bottom line default does not work for rails (materials or colours) in my Chief. Jan (Yes I am up to date)

------------------

Rather than changing properties on railing at a time, since the railings are walls they may be selected as a group using the wall tool and holding down the shift key. That way you can change them all at the same time to whatever colors you want.

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN

My copy of chief behaves like David's.
    If I set the default railing and baluster colors in 3D Default Colors, all subsequent rails are the default colors.

Dan, existing ones change to take on the default colors also unless they have been changed individually - so there is no need to select all the railings to change the colors - just change the default colors in 3D Default colors.