WMF export not functioning

Over the last few days I've been trying to export a .WMF from Chief 6.0 (updated to 10/21/99) without success. I go through the screen prompts upto the actual action of the export and then my machine goes to the windows hourglass, forever. Norton crash guard does not see a problem "Sandra" does not see a problem, yet when I run a Norton freeze check and unfreeze action on it my computer crashes. It does not seem to matter if the file is simple or complex nor does it matter if the file is initiated from the root diretory or nested, neither does it matter if the file name is short or long. The function just does not work. It is a fact of life that we need to export graphic information out of Chief to other Windows programs for manipulation and presentation.

WHAT GIVES??????

Steven,
    I had the same experience with a 3000s.f.house in plan view, but was able to creat .wmf with an front elevation of the same house, although all the brick and shingles dissappeared. I then tried a simple 12x14 garage test file in plan view and it worked. I did not try an elevation view with any pattern of the 12x14 garage, so I cannot say with certainty what would happen in that case. I know this will probably not help you but the more info out there the greater the possibility someone will connect the dots.
    Clovis Busselle

------------------

We are encountering the same problem. We exchanged several messages with Matt Peppin of Art regarding the WMF conversion
    (changing color mode settings also use of lazy susan corner cabinet). So far there is no fix and we very much could use it.

If I uncheck the lazy susan option in the corner cabinets dbx the problem goes away

Lazy susan cabinets will lock up the .wmf output. I have notified the developers and they will get a fix for this. Is anyone having problems with .wmf export that is not using a lazy susan cabinet?

------------------
    Matt Peppin
    ART Tech Support

I was having trouble exporting 3d until I figured out that elevation shots have to be in cad mode rather than 3D mode in order to export properly.
    Bruce Broderick

Matt,

I have not had the oportunity to use the lazy susan corner in any of my plans. Still, I have not been able to convert any plan to .WMF, elevations and sections do work.

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    I just tried this with plan view - no crash but no result either. cursor reverts to an arrow and lets me close the destination dbx.

No problems with 3D